Friday, July 10, 2009

Fast internet in Orlando?

Before we even moved, I had set up our AT&T DSL. We were going to be ready and we were going to be fast. No crappy cable, with the extra fees for a t.v. we never watch and a connection that drops every 15 minutes. We'd been on UGA's network for 3 years and were spoiled by the T3 kinds of speed. So imagine my surprise when we plug everything in and discover we're getting dial up kinds of speed!?! Something close to 1.9mbs download and .2mbs upload. I did some research (I know, why didn't I do this first?) and discovered that many people in downtown Orlando with DSL has the same problem. So we switched over to Brighthouse Cable, who wont make us have a t.v. transmission, and everything is golden.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Bright House is the best internet service in Orlando. They're not the best company, but best in Orlando.

    ReplyDelete