Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mangoes!

Multimedia message
Noodles. I haz them.


We checked out Oriental Market, the giant Chinese market on West Colonial, yesterday. We picked up a lot of things to stock the kitchen post move including fresh made mochi and a half case of mangoes! Alba is a huge mochi fan but none of us had every had fresh made. It was quite an experience. T. and I shared a green tea mochi and Alba gobbled down strawberry filled. The produce section isn't huge but the selection is amazingly diverse including things like fresh jackfruit and winter melon, shown below. The picture doesn't do the melon justice as each seemed to be the size of my 4 year old daughter.

This morning, after a walk around Lake Eola, I pealed and cut all the mangoes and went feral on the pits, gnawing off all the flesh I could not cut. Tonight's dessert will be sticky rice in coconut milk and mango.



Multimedia message


Multimedia message


Multimedia message
Mmm, Tripe

1 comment: