Thursday, July 16, 2009

Saigon Market: Paté Choud and pastries

Multimedia message


Mmmmmmmm. I am groaning in gustatorial appreciation at the fresh-baked Paté Choud from Saigon Market. The pastry is perfectly flaky but not at all dry, with enough of the moist meat filling to suffuse each bite with a dense, rich flavor. This savory pastry is for the indulgent; I'd better start working out again.

Saigon Market is a little Vietnamese food shop that fronts on Colonial, in the heart of the asian district. It is heaping with different produce and canned products, but (for me) the heart of the shop is the bakery. They don't just have Paté Choud, they have a range of Vietnamese sweet pastries as well, and some interesting-looking hot dog rolls that my daughter would enjoy. They also have a nice big case of tapioca desserts that reminds me of my summers spent in Thailand.

Now I'm gonna sip s'more strong coffee and indulge...

Multimedia message


Multimedia message

No comments:

Post a Comment